Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What to believe and what not to believe...

Honesty is a such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue..... Billy Joel

One of my favourite songs and am completely identifying with it at this moment.

Lies and scandals rock the horizon. I thought I was untouched by those vices, am hurting coz I am not. They have touched me and gripped me in their tangled web. Am hurting because, the one I trusted the most wasn't honest with me. As the story unfolds, am left flabbergasted at my naivety. Was it so or plain stupidity, mocking me in my face and saying I am an idiot.

Am hurting and hurting real bad. Honesty was one thing I expected from you and that's what evaded me. Why didn't you tell me everything? Why, Oh why?

In my enthusiasm, I forgot there was a world beyond us. In my glee, I forgot everything else and the ways of the world. I knew it somewhere deep down that happiness can never be mine, it avoids me always. Unhappiness has reared its ugly head again to consume me in its fire. What am I to do? What to believe and what not to believe...

Should I trust my heart and go ahead, breaking all other ties? Should I listen to the world and its hoard of gossip mongers and forever let go of what I believe in and in whom I believe in and trust with all my heart?

I won't..... I won't believe others. I shall follow my heart and my heart says, don't let go. I will stand beside you and brave the storm. We shall overcome the hindrances and make a beautiful world together.... You, me and the kids.

I believe you... there's no doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment