Monday, January 21, 2013

Sleepless in the City that never Sleeps ...

Here, In the city that never sleeps ...
I lie awake ...
Listening to the song he sang for me ...
I wonder; whether all that was really true ...
His words.... statements that made me believe in Love...
A love that makes me go crazy even thinking of him ...
Wish I could erase him from my memories ...
But a far cry from reality ...
I Just can't ...
It's hard on my feelings ...
Heavy emotions ...
But, I can't forget him ...Because I still believe HIM.

Somewhere deep down a part of me died ....
The day we lost our binding entity ...
But, yet somewhere ....
I still yearn for his return ...
But, will he?

He was trapped in a web ...
I could see his pain ...
His struggle to untangle himself ...
only led to a more excruciating pain ...
I stepped away...
To make it easier for him ..
Even that didn't help ....
He is stuck in a swamp ...
A quicksand .....
How do I help him get out of that trap?

I can't ... I won't ...
He needs to take charge of his situation ...
Be a man ...
And, take stock of the whole damn thing ...
He needs to really make up his mind...
What he really wants....
I or the rest of the World cannot decide for him...
We shouldn't either...
Our paths cross once in a while ...
I see pain in those deeply veiled eyes...
Insurmountable pain ...
I can't wipe away the stress and strain ...
I do not wield those powers anymore ...
I have given up ...
Given up the struggle to protect him and his brethren ...
Given up all hopes of ever walking into the sunset with him ...
But, yet I believe him.

Sleepless in the City that never Sleeps ...
I lie wide awake ...
Thinking of him ...
And those beautiful moments ...
With gay abandon ...
In his company ...
Secure in the knowledge he would always be there....
Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment