Monday, May 2, 2011

You are an enigma.........

The more I try to steel myself from getting closer to you, the more am attracted to you and fall straight into your lair.

You are an enigma, rubbing onto me and making me lose my senses and reasoning power. How much ever I try to avoid doing things your way, I still end up doing them the way you expect me to.

I don't want bondage, but am bonding with you and that leaves no scope for freedom. My independence is what I cherish the most and I don't want to lose it. You make me go weak in my knees and I become helpless and like a puppy dog end up following your instructions.

You are an enigma, that's eating into my identity. I am losing myself, my space and my individuality. What will I end up being? No, I don't want to repeat past mistakes, I cannot bow down to your diktats. Gimme freedom, not chains. An eternal dilemma, a battle in my mind constantly.

I will have to change, I will have to take a full 360 degrees turn to mould myself to suit the ideal image you have in mind. Can I do that? Can I take that risk? I will have to melt and become the statue that you desire. I will have to disappear to emerge as the moth that the flame wants near it. What's the fate of the moth, when it nears the flame? It is reduced to a heap of burnt flesh. Is that what I really want?

But, Isn't love all about sacrifice? Isn't love all about merging into your loved one, to become one with him? If it is, am glad.... I am in love and yes, despite all the above apprehensions am ready to take the plunge. I want to be with you. I want to follow you to eternal bliss and happiness. I want to lose my identity to take yours. I want to lose myself to find you. Yes, I want to do all that and much more to make you happy, to bring joy in your life, to see you smiling. Coz, when you smile, I see myself in those crinkly eyes... I smile too.

Let aside, aspirations and ambitions... I belong to you and am willing to relinquish all the titles to attain yours.

You are an enigma and I am a part of you. You are an artist and I am your muse.


No comments:

Post a Comment