Sunday, May 8, 2011

Confessions of an unjust MOM.......

Why am I so harsh on my kids?
Why do I lay down rules?
Why do I have expectations?
Why can't I just let it be?

If he stays out late, why can't I let my son do so?
If he has tried his hand at smoking, why can't I let him turn his life to ashes?
If he has had a drink, why can't I let him waste his liver away?
If he is in bad company, why can't I let him be and waste his life away?

Why am I so harsh towards my son?
Why can't I be kind to him?
Why can't I give freedom to my kids?
Why can't I just let them be?

I scold my daughter all the time, why do I do this?
I ignore my daughter's requests, why can't I concede?
Why can't I give them what they want?
Why can't I make them happy?
Why am I so curt and ruthless?
Why am I so strict?
Why am I so unkind?
Why am I so cruel?
Why am I so UNJUST?
Why am I so ?

Why do I feel guilty, now that I have reprimanded them?
Why this feeling of moroseness, when I took their freedom away?
I taught them freedom of expression, yet why do I not let them speak?
Why am I so UNJUST?
Why am I so?

I taught them to stand tall and be confident.
I showed them the path.
I gave them freedom to express self.
I gave them a weapon of stealth in wealth.
I gave them a life, a bed of roses.
I gave them their favourite toys.
I gave them everything under the sky.
Yet, I gave them NOTHING at all.

I have never been there for them when they needed me.
I have never been there when they won medals.
I have never been there for their days of glory.
I have never been there at all.

I was busy making a living.
I was busy making moolah.
I was busy getting the bread home.
I was busy ensuring a warm hearth.
In all this, I forgot.
In all this, I never gave a thought.
In all this, I was a stranger to them.
I was never there for them.

I gave them a roof.
I gave them money.
I gave them food.
I gave them honey.
But, I gave them nothing at all.
I wasn't there at all.
Good times, bad times, sad times, I wasn't there at all.

I confess, I am an UNJUST mom,
I am no good at all.
But, what the heck... I do care, am not so bad after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment