Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Flashbacks....

Lightening flashes somewhere in the distant....Am transported to a different realm... A place I have been with him.... Lush green trees ... A land nestled amongst small hills... Fog, mist.... Misty eyed I turn around... He isn't there.... Just footprints in the mud.... Reminder, he was there once beside me... walking hand in hand... Mouthing odes to my beauty and expressing undying love. 


Flashbacks... The rains bring them on.... driving through the hills... dark night... not an inch ahead to be seen... treacherous turns... yet I was content and safe with him then and thereafter till today... When he ain't there and won't be forever.... He came like a whiff of perfume and left ... vaporized in thin air... I was left gasping for breath... Senseless and dead.

Flashbacks... Of the first night... the Lobster at Tunga, Hiranandani Powai.... The coffee at Aromas.... The meetings at CCD Hiranandani... The wantons at China Ming... The Hub and the late night movies... the holding of hands.... The sweet kisses... the culmination of two beings into one.. The promises of happily ever after... All a distant dream... Just flashbacks.

Remembering each moment... recalling each instance... a painful thought... but flashbacks are all I have.... memories that will keep me awake till the moment I finally close my eyes forever.

He had said... where are the ones who professed their love to you? I ask him... where are you? You professed your love to me too?

Flashbacks ... heavy sinking heart... and no respite... no where to go.... Just a living hell each day... smiling a fake smile for the world... yet weeping deep within.

No comments:

Post a Comment