Monday, July 18, 2011

Tonight a tear rolls down my cheek....

Not tonight....
Tonight a tear rolls down my cheek...
A lonely tiresome tear peeps out from the corner of my lashes....
Not tonight dear.....
Am just spent in my thoughts ...
The tear.... a harbinger of my emotions....
Let it wash the darkness of the night away....
For tomorrow I shall cry no more...
Tomorrow will be another dawn....
Another day to begin.

Am welling within with pent up emotions...
Am hurting somewhere deep down there....
The depths of my heart hold many secrets...
Secrets unknown to know my fear....
My fear isn't unfounded...
It has deep rooted history...
It springs from experience bitter and sweet....
Let me be.... Let me be alone in my melancholy sadness...
I need no one near.

Tonight a tear rolls down my cheek...
I catch it in my palm....
I watch it fade away with time....
The salt left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment