Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sea green Banarasi Saree...

While cleaning the cupboard today, I spotted the sea green banarasi saree, gifted by a dear one long time ago. That set the thought process in motion.... rewind mode.

Come to think of it, it was a beautiful relationship while it lasted..... an artist, a musician..... a netizen, an IT professional and above all a humane human being. Someone who cared deep enough not to hurt you in any way and took it all upon himself and just faded away. But, the memories remain of a pure relationship..... One where a woman was respected for who she was and never misused.... never abused.... left  intact and self respecting.

The saree reminds me of the care and concern the person had for my feelings and the lengths he went to procure it for me. It's a unique colour and blend of green and blue....... makes it seem like made for a mermaid.

Yup, am the mermaid that dived into the sea and got lost in the depths of the ocean. A ocean so deep, that he couldn't find her again.... she was lost forever.... I was lost forever.... there was no turning back.... I couldn't, the distance just grew  and we grew apart..... never to meet again.

This happens to me all the time.... in every relationship..... I just run away from love after a while.... it gets too overwhelming for me ...... am not cut out for relationships..... they are just not for me......can't give myself away just like that......why am I like this? Why do I run away from life? Why can't I embrace it with its various hues and colours?

The Sea green Banarasi Saree.... it made me think and I am thinking..... an introspection for a day rife with the gloomy weathers grey shades. What is it that I seek? Certainly not companionship.....Then what? Myself? Am I lost somewhere? That little girl..... who grew up on a whole lot of love and affection.... a spoilt brat for the rest of the World yet a great and true friend for a select few........... A mother with her trials and tribulations..... a daughter, a mother..... where am I? All other relationships melted away in the oblivion............none sustained for lack of commitment from my side...... seeking myself in every nook and corner..... every brook and river...... finally merging into the sea....... that's where I really belong....... lay me to rest there..... my final abode..... maybe it is that which I seek and nothing else.... My final abode.

The sea green saree made me think and I thought......




No comments:

Post a Comment