Sunday, July 24, 2011

Driftwood.......

Yup, seasoned wood.... old wood.... priced for it's quality..... Driftwood.....Am I one?

Yes, I guess I am. My current status is that of a driftwood.... a rolling stone that gathers no moss, yet gives a bit of herself... and the edges smoothen out and she reduces in size with each passing tide... Till she is left no more and totally spent.... that's how deserts are made over a period of time.

I am  a desert in the making.... a once fertile and thriving land.... on the brink of becoming bare and barren.
A once green tree.... a branch... fallen from the main trunk and drifting in water and the tide of the ocean and getting stuck somewhere on the banks or beaches as a gnarled self of her former beauty and hey days.... dry drifting wood found by the riverside, found by the bayside.... dry ugly wood.

Am angry...... angry at myself..... why do I do this to myself? Why do I derogate  myself and my self esteem after a high `of a beautiful moment? Why can't I just adjust my sails and surge ahead? ~Why  do I let my past pull me down always? Why do I drift into a melancholy mood and spoil it all for myself and others?

I have no answers to the rantings of my minds. It is always asking questions to which there are no answers. Answers which I need to find out for myself before beginning anything .... before embarking on a new journey. But, a state of mind that I always keep on the backburner and forget all about till I stumble yet again and cry all over again over spilt milk

I guess, I really am a driftwood.... that has no direction or permanent abode... it just moves on till it gets stuck somewhere and rests there all alone for the rest of its life.

No comments:

Post a Comment