Saturday, October 29, 2011

Time stood still....

When I met you for the first time....
Time stood still...
There was an awkward silence....
An impermeable silence....
I didn't know how to react....
I was quiet...
You must have noticed....
My words were monosyllables....
In the crowd of the room....
The meeting just going on.....
I wasn't there.

Frankly, I thought ......
You had an attitude....
That you were someone else's beau....
But, the next meeting cleared the air....
Yet, I didn't declare....
I wasn't sure of you....
Or your feelings....
Just a nagging insight....
He is ensnared.

I could feel your eyes on me....
The others noticed too...
The subtle hints you gave...
The uncomfortable look I had....
It spoke all....
All about the chemistry between us...
It was bound to happen....
All boiled over....
The next few days...
And, we were a couple inseparable.

The envy of every eye....
The office gossip everyday.....
You and I, brave it all.....
Especially me, day in and day out.....
You are at your place....
Away from the grapevine....
I suffer the envious gaze ....
Of women you scorn each day.

Today, we are one....
In mind, body and soul....
There is no looking back...
I stand by you, a complete whole.
Our dreams are one....
The passion just the same....
One goal, one sight...
To make it work....
For both of us.

Time and again....
I have been tested...
I have stood the test of time...
This time too...'
I stand before time...
Head bowed but not defeated....
In all humbleness....
I swear....
I want to make it work....
Every relation I have had....
I gave my all.....
Yet they fizzled out...
Over a period of time....
They failed the test of time...
Coz' you need two to tango....
You don't snap with one finger....
You don't clap with one hand...
You need two to tango...
Two to make it work.

This  time round too...
I am committed....
I am around...
You need to fall in place...
And, claim what you feel you found.

Time stood still...
When my eyes fell upon you....
Time is still.....
Like the still waters that run deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment