Friday, October 21, 2011

Lashing out....

Lashing out in desperation...
Lashing out in frustration...
Lashing out in exasperation...
Lashing out in anger....
Isn't that what we do best....
When we are really down and out?

Been there, done that......
Yup, I have been there....
And, done all that....
Yet, at the end of the day...
I am here to stay....
Connected with the lot....
That really was not.

Time and again...
I have been tested....
My patience...
My values...
My integrity....
I have scored full on that...
Until... I lash out...
I lash out in my anger...
I lash out in desperation...
I lash out in frustration...
Lash out, I do....
Lash out, I will...
If after all that I do....
My dues are not awarded to me.

My patience knows no bounds....
So does my anger....
My anger does me in....
My patience does me in too.
I am two ends of a line....
Two far ends...
Yet connected...
But, so disconnected....
One differing from another....
But ends they are.

Lashing out is my way....
Is my way of letting all know...
I exist.... I don't subsist....
Don't take me for granted....
I am me, myself....
Don't rub me on the wrong side...
Am not here for you...
Am here for my own self.

Lashing out....
Is my way of reaching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment