Thursday, March 31, 2011

I cook....

Yup, I do cook. Barely well enough to pass the through the intestines. It's an art which I have to perfect, but dunno how. Why? Because I can't follow rules and cooking needs discipline and that's what lacking in me.... a sense of discipline. I don't seem to follow anything, any work through to completion in cooking. It bores me to follow tried and tested methods of cooking. I love to experiment and I certainly have guinea pigs at home to try my experiments on. ???... My Kids.

After school, they dread coming home, now that am on a sabbatical from work ..... what has that got to do with my kids dread... a lot. I cook for them. LOL

Now, they have to eat what I prepare and swear the expression on their faces are like, when is she going to start working and stop torturing us with her recipes. That's another thing that that at the end of the day most of what I have cooked goes in the bin.

Oh, but I do cook with a lot of passion infused in my psyche for cooking. Albeit, it turns into a new discovery each time. I put on music and wear my sneakers and dance while I cook. It's fun, I swear. But, there are times when I prepare tea alongside my cooking and end up putting tealeaves in the pasta or salt in the tea. I can be a bit absent minded though I swear it's not intentional. Once I put cumin powder in my coffee and for a long time wondering always why the coffee didn't taste like coffee at all. The prowess to discern between condiments and coffee seems to be lacking in me.

Every time I prepare Kidney beans (Rajma) the north Indian style, I end up with masala soup and the beans settled in the bottom of the vessel. It's very embarrassing. My kids tell me, mom let's order the food from a restaurant but you don't burn your calories conjuring up crap for us.

Oh , that calls for recalling the fact that I am a very clumsy cook. I always end up chopping my fingers, chipping my nails or burning my hands. I am designing a protective gear for avoiding these mishaps in future.

All in all, said and done, am a passionate cook. I bring passion into my cooking and I swear , the bloopers mentioned above are entirely true but so is the fact that I cook and I cook well. I experiment with cooking and 99% times it is a success, I do not chronicle my successful recipes they are there in my mind and memory and shall be buried or burnt and laid to rest with my mortal remains later. The secret of my cooking is LOVE. I cook for the love of cooking and for my loved ones. My brothers and sisters love the fish and rabbit I make. My kids love my pastas. My sister in law loves my Indian food. But, everybody loves the south Indian dishes I dish out. But, the crown goes to my cakes, muffins, cookies and cheesecakes.

There's more........... the list is endless.......... I can really cook but need patronage to inspire and motivate me to cook.



No comments:

Post a Comment