Monday, July 7, 2014

A memorable weekend ...

With the clock striking 12 am ... the weekend began...Making a presentation for Mom's upcoming Birth anniversary and simultaneously wondering when we would really begin the journey into the past that day, a very hyper me began the day.

Constantly on Whats App with friends , contemplating the moves of the two bouncers I would be travelling with but clueless about their plans, I got dressed and made a move to go shopping around. Shopped till I dropped dead, Nah.... but shopping I did with my little ones all grown up helping me chose the gifts and rolling their eyes up at my innocence in dealing with the shop staff.  Kids... they think am always making a fool of myself. Histrionics being my forte'.

Reaching back home, desperately waiting to go on  my Pune trip ... all jittery and wide eyed .. no sleep all charged up.No hunger ... just waiting to embark on an exciting journey.

What a trip!! Whew... we stared at quarter to two and it took us nearly six hours for a hour journey. Just fultoo masti and singing songs and getting lost on the way... Getting lost!!! Yes... we lost our bearings and Our host and good friend Gyani had to come looking for us. All charged up we dumped our stuff at his place , met  Amita, our impeccable hostess and a darling, beautiful lady to our Colonel Sahib. From there, we went to pick up Susan... dreaded Caesar her pet and munched a coupe of Chicken cutlets while posing for photographs and packed the rest to take for our rendezvous point... Gyani's breezy and cool balcony. We spent the entire evening till the wee hours of the morning in the balcony while our gracious hostess made us feel completely at home and filled up our bread baskets with munchkins and Gyani topped our glasses while we got totally tipsy in memories and clicking photographs and making plans for retirement and settling around each other.

While all went to sleep ... I looked back on the hours spent with good old friends ... And felt grateful that we had all bonded well .. an evening well spent. Quality time with friends , no pretenses just open talks and jokes. We had all turned into little boys and girls.

The next morning , we had tea prepared by Gyani and then cheese toasts, then we set out to drop off Susan at her place; saw her School and office premises ... then back again to Wind Chimes for another session of a hearty breakfast of Idli, wada, chutney and Sambhar plus Jalebis with Rabdi.... awesome experience with Sachin giving Pratik a head massage.Innocent fun and frolic , then it was time for me to adjust my sails and go to my siblings home nearby to continue celebrations for my Moms birth anniversary.

It was indeed a memorable weekend made a golden moment in the company of old friends from days of yore. We turned back time, we became young again. Total recall and joyous experience... couldn't have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment