Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 9. Can't stop blushing....

Am always feeling shy and blushing. That's why people don't take me seriously. They think am still a kid. No, I am not. I am a full grown 40 year old with two adolescent kids. I feel shy and blush , because it comes naturally to me.

My whole life has been spent feeling shy coz I really do feel shy on meeting new people or on occasions or when sweet nothings are whispered in my ears.

I don't feel shy, neither do I blush when am with old friends and family. Then, I am boisterous and bold. Then people can't make me stop laughing out loud and passing remarks and comments and just being ME.

People who know me intimately know very well that my blush and shyness is a natural response to a new situation or person. It's not a put on. It just flows into existence when I meet someone for the first time. I get tongue tied and am at a loss for words to express anything.
Earlier, they would refer to me as BAWI. A term to refer to a Parsi lady. Coz, At times I do behave like one. In college and University, people thought I was a Parsi. There are times when I think, that maybe my parents adopted me from a Parsi family. I have so many characteristics of a Bawi. Especially, the entire act of feeling shy , that is looking down and swaying from side to side. It's so unlike the smart exterior I have. The charismatic self just dissolves in the shy act.

When will I ever be rid of my shyness? But, isn't there a proverb in Hinduism, that shyness is the jewellery of a woman? If that be so, then I have no regrets and happy that I have that piece of jewellery in my kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment