Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 2 Confessions Galore...

Another day taking a shot at blogging and I must confess, am still jittery with regards to my blog spot. But, what the heck, once started why stop. Yup that's the other me, revolting rebel. Yes, a rebel . I have been a rebel always. I wasn't even supposed to be born , but I was hellbent on seeing this world and it's varied colours and hues. So, despite being born premature at eight months I survived and must confess the fortieth spring of my life has made me realize my potential to survive despite all odds.
So, this confession is all about being a rebel of sorts. it's going be one long journey of tales hence might take a few more blogging sessions trying to retrieve instances from my one big life and its travails.
As a child I was the quiet one. No never uttered a word. No one knew I existed even when I was standing in front of them. Yup, the quiet one, though my mom has a different take on it saying that those who are quiet in childhood turn out to be the notorious ones in adulthood. Maybe looking at me , one could say she is right. But, now she has to bear the brunt of all my mistakes as she terms them and their repercussions.
I am told at the age of one, my eldest sister by 8 years of age difference took me swimming to the Naval pool in Bombay. And , guess what? I nearly drowned . Why? Well, in those days we didn't have these fancy life jackets or tubes for survival in water. We had large navy time , tubes. well, the eldest sibling threw one of those black tubes in water and threw me in too. She was just 9 years old , and then she jumped in . But couldn't locate me coz I had gone under and was drowning. Any how she saved me and got me home and didn't tell anyone about the incident, but every night after that I would wake up with a start gasping for air, which my mother couldn't understand. One fine day she happened to meet the Physical training Instructor from the pool who told her about the incident and my poor sister was put under detention and no more swimming sessions for her. I guess since then she harbours this intense desire to get me into trouble all the time, yet I am her favourite muse. She experiments on me, yup there will be more on that in later blogs but man Am I the guinea pig of the family?
Yes, earlier on, when I was this gurgling 3 or 4 month old baby my brother elder elder to me by 3 years, wanted to find out if the marble he had in his hand could go in from my mouth and come out from my other end. Yes, he shoved a marble in my gurgling mouth and I was choking on it while he was gleefully and happily waiting for it at the other end. My mom, found me nearly blue with suffocation and saved my tiny life but you betcha my brother got such a lashing for the same. And, he too has been experimenting with me, and you my dear reader shall read one day about those heinous experiments. I call him the Doctor who created "Frankenstein Monster' That's me.
We are in total five brothers and sisters. I being the youngest of the siblings was always experimented upon by all of them. But, yes I was the pampered spoilt brat who knew all their secrets and made a fortune out of blackmailing them. To this day, I am a pampered brat, first it was my parents, brothers and sisters and now my own brats who pamper me silly.

"We are product of our past but we don't have to be prisoners of it." ~ Rick Warren

Rightly and pretty aptly put forth by Rick Warren, the above quote puts the perspective right for me. I guess by blogging about my past I am just letting loose all those shackles that bound me to my insecurities. Looking back I have no regrets in life but am glad I had those incidences occurring in my life that made me what I am , a person who can empathise with the likes of me and the lesser mortals too. I must confess, I have been a terror to my siblings of late. Earlier they used to experiment on me , and now it's me trying new stunts unknowingly to guage the effect on them. More in a later blog, Meet you all soon with more on my life and it's amusing tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment