Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 5. Now what?....Let's see...

The morning started with preparing breakfast and snacks for the kids and man was I excited about the whole thing. Yes I was , I am. The kids just left smiling and happy. Nothing like smart, smiling kids going to school happily and all trussed up. I love my kids. But, I must confess there are times when I feel that I am an unjust Mother. So, I guess today's blog is all about my unjustified vilifying actions against my kids. Of course , in my defence all I got to say is that I am trying to discipline my kids.
There are times when things get too hot to handle , what with the elder one stepping into the teens and his teen aches. Especially with the hormones raging and playing havoc with his skin with eruptions and man, does he scream in horror each morning he looks into the mirror. My wash room is awash with all sorts of ace scrubs and cleansing milk and lotions , both for men and women . No, my daughter and I do not use these products. These are used by my teenaged son who believes that his mom has good skin and that she married a man with horrible skin and the sin is showing on him. He blames his genes for his appearance and I am at the the receiving end for not marrying the right person.
And, all along I thought my family and relatives were the only ones lamenting about my choice of a suitable groom. Now my kids too. It's difficult being a single parent in such a situation and thus, the frustration accumulates and then one day rears its ugly head and I blow my top like a pressure cooker. And, when the steam is totally vent out, I feel remorse at having yelled and screamed at two innocent beings for nothing and that's the time they rub it into me that I was unjustified in my action and emotionally blackmail me into giving into their unjustified demands. Are they using me and my unjustifiable anger to their advantage? Yes , they are. Despite knowing this I guess I still give in , because I love my kids despite all the odds in this world. They are aptly my little devils without horns.
There is a lot more , and hilarious anecdotes about my kids and their unjustified actions, which shall be unravelled in blogs to come. Till then , ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment