Monday, June 6, 2011

A new day, a new dawn....

A new day, a new dawn,
Yet my heart and mind are a turmoil of emotions.

Nothing can match the brevity,
Of the situation, I am in.
Am hard pressed for words...
A writers block threatening to stop the  flow of thoughts.

Life couldn't have got any more complicated than this.
When I thought all was hunky dory,
My man comes up with lies....
Lies that belie the truth behind his promises.
Now, they seem so redundant and empty.
How can I trust a man who so blatantly lies,
without the batting of an eyelid?
In the blink of an eye,
All dreams have shattered...
My heart once again broken into pieces.
Why does he do this over and over again?
Why do I allow him to do this to me always?

Every time we fall apart,
He somehow manages to convince me.
Not this time, I am so deeply hurt..
I don't know, what secrets lurk behind those smiles of his?
What is it that makes people shirk him?
What is he hiding from me...
That he is so secretive and non communicative of his past?

Questions, to which there is no answer...
Queries, that leave me bewildered.
Am utterly confused....
Whether to trust him anymore  or not..
A risk I am willing to take or not.

A new day, a new dawn...
And, here I am .... fretting and fuming...
Contemplating a bleak future, if I stick to him....
And, a miserable life without the bundle of lies that he is...
A new day, a new dawn......
And, a new lie perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment