Friday, August 16, 2013

Nostalgia ...Electronics Junkie .. etcetra ...

Just ... Get me started will ya .... That's what I yell at my Samsung galaxy tab ... Yikes! Getting a hang of technology is what keeps me young in every which way possible. Always at it opening and shredding apart machines just to know what makes them tick.

Am always tinkering with gadgets since childhood. I remember when girls my age played with dolls I built a Ham  radio and listened to people talk over frequencies... I could tap into telephones  ... i was a freak scientist.

I was an avid collector of Arachnids and insects of diabolical appearances. My mom had a tough time keeping my lab clean as the maids refused to enter my Haven of specimens. Biology being my favourite subject, weekends saw me in Naval hospital labs looking at specimens and under the microscopes or assisting friendly Doctors and technicians in the Radiology department or Pathology labs.

When I got married my in laws were aghast, there was a truckload of books that I carried with me along with all my specimens which of course they discarded instantly asking the army jawans in Lucknow to destroy them immediately. I was saddened by this lack of sensitivity towards my Hobby and passion.

I remember collecting and reading Life magazine, Time and National Geographic. I had all the volumes.
I was keen on Genetics and had the best of publications coming to me from all over the World ... The matter for my dissertation on Antisense RNA came all the way from Maryland University... I remember it was stuck in bureaucratic hassles as I stayed at the Naval base and anything Foreign was subject to abject scrutiny.

Staying next to a 18 Hole Golf course next to the Sea at South Bombay, I was a keen Bird Watcher and would often be found in the swampy marshland nearby looking for life and movement.

The Golf Course , of course was my playground where I would train our German Shepherd Django along with Ratan Tata's Tito. The setting Sun was my muse and wish for a swim across the Sea into the Horizon.

Then, of course Clay modelling ... making sculptures as a Sculptor sculpting and carving Clay and driftwood... made a lot many artifacts. Always creating something or the other.

I was keen on Gymnastics and Ballet .. but learnt only Kathak and Bharatnatyam. though also learnt a bit of Manipuri Dance form. Then, again Folk Dance and Music, singing for All India Radio right from Childhood way past into youth from Andamans  to Bombay.

A colourful yet adventurous childhood and youth ... A past to be proud of ... I marched into A life of strife ... from a protected domain to a Wild and unbridled life of a Bride into a different community and clan. With much elan I held my head high and bore the brunt of being a Woman in India  which was never known as a daughter but more so as a Daughter in law. A flower withered away into unknown depths of sadness and depression only to emerge as a Frothing , fuming fire spitting Dragon ten years later. The innocence of yesteryear's lost and only anger projected forth. The state of anger continues though a bit mellowed down yet it remains dormant and erupts at times triggered mostly by the insanely arrogant opposite sex.

Each day a struggle to ignore ignorant fools but trigger they press and make me lose control and I seethe and singe them with my flares. My words that sting and hurt worse than any weapon imaginable and fathomable by humanity.

Anyways ... more shall come from the keyboard used to bring forth the pearls above ...


No comments:

Post a Comment