Thursday, August 25, 2011

Skeletons in my cupboard.....

There are skeletons in my cupboard....
Of ghosts from the past...
Of spirits long gone away....
They left their remains behind....
I guess am the Bone collector....
The very thought sends a chill up my spine....
Thoughts of the souls returning to spite me.
Yes, there are skeletons in my closet.

They left not just like that...
They took a piece of me with them....
All they left behind are .....
The skeletal remains of a naive and good woman.
They robbed me of my jewels...
A novelty not found anywhere..
The vanity of a woman....
The dignity of a lady....
They robbed me of my soul...
And all that was left behind were the bones.....
Bones of  discontent...
A closet filled with the stench of rotting flesh....
A cupboard full of cluttered remains....
Of a mind scared and at wits end.

The skeletons in my cupboard...
Make a lot of noise....
They make me go bonkers....
The thoughts are a mess....
All jumbled and a puzzle....
Am not good at solving puzzles...
So I trash them all.....
The hollow eye pits....
The gaping jaws.....
The bony and cold feel....
The skull makes me jump...
A cackled laugh in the foreground....
An ashen face flashes past....
I wake up shivering and with a cold sweat....
It's just a nightmare.....
Of days to come.

The day I shall open...
The cupboard wide ajar...
I know the skeletons will come...
Tumbling out and strewn apart.
Then what will you say.....
Then where will you look....
Will you still stay.....
With all the mess around me?

No comments:

Post a Comment