Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I spread my wings and soar up high.....

I rested for a while......
 A long while......
And then, I spread my wings.....
And soared up high ....
High in the sky......
Trying to reach for the Sun.....
Trying to move between clouds....
I soared higher and higher..........
The surging thrust.....
The high speed.....
The wind stinging my eyes.....
The tears stealing a way through ....
The corner of my eye......
I close my eyes.....
My lashes soak up the tears.....
I squeeze them shut.... tighter...
And a drop escapes down my cheek.....
I stretch my wings.....
A pain rushes through my muscles.....
I stretch more..... tearing away at my joints......
I spread my wings ... I spread them more.....
I just want to fly away.... far very far.....
Don't know where.....
All alone....Yes, all alone.....
Higher and higher I go....
Where no one can reach me....
No one can hurt me........
My feathers are singed.....
The heat from the blazing Sun.....
Burns my face...
I am but a faceless self....
Unrecognizable to all.....
Now, you can't see me.....
You can't find me......
Am a nameless face amongst the millions....
Teeming the streets of my city.
 Been there, done that........
The adage applies to me....
Am the abominable rolling stone.....
As always rolling away...
Withering with the friction.....
Rolling away towards the end.

Suddenly, something large looms up.....
I don't see it coming....
I had squeezed my eyes shut....
Now, am hit on my head...
I tumble headlong.....
Down I go .....
Down into the ocean I dive.....
Never to surface again.

But, no tears.....
I did spread my wings....
I did soar up high......
I met my end....
Where I wanted it.....
In the depths of the ocean I cherish.....
I lived life....
I really lived it well.....
Albeit a bit late...
Yet I lived.....
No regrets.....
Only confessions before I go.....
Who knows what tomorrow stores....
In its mysterious shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment