Sunday, May 11, 2014

Setting sail again ...

Unfurling the sails ...
Tying the knots ...
Gearing up for yet another ...
Brutal journey in the Tempest ...
I slip on the life jacket over my head ...
Onto my torso ...
Sticking the velcro together tight ...
I look at the unending horizon ...
I know there is an Island ...
Somewhere out there ...
Waiting to be discovered.

I push my rickety wooden yacht ...
Out into the deep blue Sea ...
Mind and matter left behind ...
A new life to lead.

There in the vast blue Sea ...
Under the vast blue Sky ...
The scorching Sun ...
Burning my skin ...
I still am happy in my solitude.

The gulls keep me company ...
The accompanying dolphins dance to my tunes ...
It ain't so bad on your own ...
When you set sail to conquer self.

A never ending journey ...
From one realm to another ...
A life full of anecdotes ...
To share on foreign lands ...
Throwing anchor in new terrains ...
Watching life elsewhere ...
I know I have truly arrived ...
When I set sail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment