Friday, March 9, 2012

The Awakening... Lying awake on the soft mattress

Lying awake on the soft mattress....
I dwell upon what I have been through...
All I come up with is a great experience....
Experience that life's ups and downs ....
Has taught me.

Experiences good and bad.....
Experiences I grew into....
Experiences that gave me a jolt...
Experiences that woke me up.

Lying awake on the soft mattress...
I remember and reread the script of my life...
Relive the experiences....
The reels just whirring ....
Images flitting past.....
I remember long forgotten....
Friends and foes.....
Long done deeds ....
Days, months  and years....
Just roll past....
And a tear trickles down my cheek.

Lying awake on the soft mattress...
All alone...
Yes, the fledglings have grown into birds....
And taken flight....
The Mother bird lies awake...
All alone in a nest not her own....
The Awakening taking place.

It's that time in life...
When you just let go....
When you pack your bags and move on...
The lake here has dried up...
Migrate to the other end.

The Awakening ....
That one comes alone...
And, one goes alone...
Even in a crowd...
One is always alone.

People join in and leave midway....
They come with their experiences...
Share a few moments with you....
And, move on...Just the way you do.

It's that time of the year...
When I shed the old and don the new.
The Awakening has begun...
The wings are getting stronger...
All set to fly again...
Soar high in the sky....
In search of a new abode.

No comments:

Post a Comment