Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Temporary Relationship ...

A few interactions I find interesting to share- a series of short conversations.
Him and her .
Reading books , warm sunlight , green grass .
She -: i should warn you -I can't handle anger well.
He - thoughtfully " I don't see you very angry , usually"
She - no, your anger . I don't like it at all. Don't be angry with me .
He - thinking deeply again .." But that would be unnatural for me .. I would not be myself if I am hiding things from you .."
She - thinking - well that is true . And honest .
" but still , give me a warning ..something like I am sorry I am feeling mad ..can I talk to you about this .."
He laughs . "I can try . But I don't know if it will work always "
She - " you know I am not known for staying too long in one place if I am unhappy ..I find options .."
He , now seriously looking at her - " options ? "
She - " yes , I don't recommend to anyone to stay in a situation they hate . They should either accept or move .. Shouldn't complain .."
He -: you don't have any options .
Oh ?
She - now feeling truly mad - "of course I do . Everyone has options ."
He -" do you know anyone handsomer than me ?"
She marveling at his confidence -:"a few names come to mind , but yes I think right now I see you to be the best."
She is trying not to smile . Too much confidence for a bald man .
He does not seem to notice the emphasis on 'right now'
He rolls over - do you know anyone who is as intelligent as I am ?
She looks at him seriously but the twinkle in the eye is brighter , harder to hide .
"Again a few names do come to mind , but yes you are the most intelligent man I see right now ."
He , looks directly at her - no sign on his face of any humor .
"Do you know any one who loves you more ?"
No names came to mind .
She chooses to not answer .
Another postponement of that breakup . May be another day .
It's a temporary relationship anyway . Just one lifetime .
Both return to their respective chapters of fiction and facts .

No comments:

Post a Comment